Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rude delivery guy!?

I ordered chinese food and the order was 15$ so the guy came and I gave him 16$ and I had 17 and he saw I had an extra dollar and he told me "are you sure thats not for me?" (for the dollar) and im like Yeah....

and he said really?

and i just gave it to him to shut him up and he took it and said "Yeah thats what I thought, thats for me!"

and I just got so offended and so mad and I was just like WTF!? and slammed the door in his face.

who is the one wrong?

(and not to mention there was no fortune cookie in the bag!)



What delivery guy BEGS for an extra tip??Rude delivery guy!?
only the greedy one. Those are assssholes and i've experienced some when i was a kid but my experience taught me not to say a word just give them exact change and shoo them away with no response. They r not worth it. Some r good but then in general u don't know who is like whom. I voluntarily give out some money when i feel like giving but not otherwise. If they beg then nothing doing just close the door or look them in the eye and say a silent FCccUCK OFF.
none, they shouldnt if it was only 15$ all he should just get a dollar!!!!!!!!!!Rude delivery guy!?
He was rude and there is no excuse for that. You did under tip him, though. That doesn't justify his behavior, but you probably made him angry.
He was in the wrong ,not everyone can afford to tip or even if they could he would lose favour by behaving in such an indiscreet way.Rude delivery guy!?
The one with a very low wages, lol.



Seriously you should've said: "No, it's not for you." but if you're going to re-order from the same place you did right, so no 'extra seasoning' as a revenge next time.
he WAS RUDE, but afterall youdid under-tip him.



whenever i order pizza for delivery i tip a good 5 bucks- alot of delievery guys dont get paid that much. when my dad just immigrated from europe the only job he could get for a while was being a delivery man. he has stories of realy mean people he was forced to deliver to. also hes a good guy and when people ordered a pizza and they we short a dollar or two, he gave them them the food anyways and paid with his own money.

he WAS rude, but i actually think he might of been just joking around....and didnt actually expect you to give him that dollar.
I wouldn't have shown him I had more money.

Thankfully tipping isn't a custom here.
I would say he was wrong for doing what he did but you may want to be more generous with your tipping...$1? C'mon...you'll be lucky if that guy ever delivers to you again and if so without any spit....
he was rude and annoying!!!! (it sounds like it was at least) but he was the wrong one he shouldn't have asked for the tip
loosen up dude

u should thank him for delivering ur food
he was very rude, and you had every right to be upset. he had no place asking for more of a tip because he is already getting paid from the restaurant. unfortunatly he probably got a kick out of when you slammed the door. you might want to consider complaining to the restaurant about him.



there have been a few times when workers have been real nasty with me at different restaurants, so i've called them out on it. when i did they turned bright red and changed their attitude with me fast.
10% wud be $1.50 u shud have ripped tha dollar in half!! 鈾?u were kinda cheap for a tip, but that wus prettay rude of hem
most times when youorderout thedeliverychargewid figured outinthepriceometimea buck or 2 so dontfeel bad i givethepizza guyonly a buck or 2 myself



lynnet
Both of you were wrong.

The term TIPS actually is an acronym for 'To Insure Prompt Service'. Unfortunately, many people think it is, and should be, a wage inclusion or supplement. Giving TIPS should be done only when the service is prompt, accurate, and done in a professional manner that retains customers. No one should feel it is obligatory and certainly not if the service doesn't warrant it. The choice to be in a service position is just that---a choice. If someone doesn't like their position, it is always possible to change it. It may take time and work, but the choice is there.

The delivery persons behaviour would have caused me to contact the business. I would have told them that the person implied they wanted more money from me as TIPS and that I was offended. If there was no understanding or empathy, I wouldn't patronize them any longer. I'd also let them know the order was incomplete if fortune cookies are supposed to be included with the delivery.

Slamming the door did nothing to change the situation.
Well he was rude. If I am angry enough, I would call the manager and complain. Maybe you can do it in a way that you are trying to resolve this issue from happening in the future. Suggest to the restaurant that they should charge a delivery charge and this charge goes as the guys tip.It prevents putting customers in the awkward position and also protects the rights of the waiters/delivery people from ungenerous customers.

A fast food place where I live did that , I guess because the delivery people were complaining about the low tips if any of the people they delivered to.



Once you decide to have a tipping system, you are really leaving it to the customer to give as much as they want.



We had a worst story. We invited some guests out for dinner in a fancy restaurant. In canada, people tip 10-15% (at least at the time). My dad gave 12%. The waiter did not like it and went to one of our guests and complained about the tip. My dad was furious that the waiter would go to the guest. We never went to that restaurant again.

It is in the interest of the restaurant not to have rude waiters. Hence they should pay their staff well ( they make more than enough money)and just drop this system of tipping altogether. As for the acronym to insure prompt service, I think that service should always be prompt.



Its funny that your story happened with a chinese restaurant, as it happens ours was in a chinese restaurant too.
He was rude and you should call his boss and complain!
No one was in the wrong.



He might be rude but you DID slam the door in his face.

I think you are making a issue out of non-issue here.

Anyway, this wouldn't happen in Australia because we don't tip.



Cheers
Here's a video posted by starwhitedwarf:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jg-fiNGkKsw
You did the right thing for slamming the door on his face and you didn't under-tip him either. What do you expect from a delivery guy anyways? They're generally stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment