Thursday, February 23, 2012

Why do the cooks at the Chinese restaurant stare at Blacks? Why so rude?

I go to the Chinese restaurants every so often. I love Chinese food. When I walk in the cooks start staring at me as soon as I walk up to the counter. What the hell is their problem? Are they afraid that I am going to steal or something? It gets annoying. So just because I don't wear business attire, I get the "we are watching you look". Also, one time I ordered delivery and the driver wouldn't even come to the door. I met him in the parking lot, he barely looked at me. I counted the money in front of him, then he recounted it? Then left, not even a thank you. I spend a lot of money in that place and they could at least show some respect. This is not the only chinese restaurant that does this. I will be taking my business elsewhere and I can do without the attitude.Why do the cooks at the Chinese restaurant stare at Blacks? Why so rude?
Asians are known to have very little people skills. I'm an asian myself, and every time I go to a chinese restaurant, I get the "what you want?" (when taking my order), or "Hah?!" when they didn't hear me.



One time, my husband (he's white) used his Visa Gift Card for payment (he doesn't know the remaining balance on the card), and the owner marched up to our table, handed the card to my husband in a rude manner and said there isn't enough balance in the card. So my husband gave him another CC and apologized. He marched back to the counter where his wife was waiting, and they both mumbled on how annoying people can be, and why even bother to dine out when they have no money (in mandarin). I gave them serious stare, and they instantly knew that I understood what they said.



We walked out the restaurant, and they too pretended that we weren't there. No thank you's, no Pls come again whatsoever. If the asian restaurants that you went to belongs to those from China or Korea, they are usually very rude. But if they're from Thailand, Taiwan or Japan, they are usually more courteous. When I have one single bad experience in a restaurant, I usually never go there again. I don't care for excuses (it was a bad day, not doing good etc), when you're in this business, you're suppose to maintain a good image, and if you can't do that, close your business.



So don't take it personally, it has nothing to do with blacks. They just have bad people/ social skills.
While I never managed to get a clear answer as to why, it would seem that the more racist types amongst the Chinese seem to really dislike black people (more so than other racists who are against blacks). When directly confronted on it, the best answer I've gotten is "They're intimidating".



I know, I don't get it either, but please don't judge all Chinese people based on the jerks that are acting poorly around you.Why do the cooks at the Chinese restaurant stare at Blacks? Why so rude?
How rude! I would have said something! I find that when I go to Chinese food places, the people are rude to me, too. (I'm white) I don't know what it is about them, but they need to be a little nicer. It seems like they rush me in and out. Like they want to get rid of me or something. Next time, speak up!
It's not just Chinese restaurants, it's everywhere. People are very rude. Blacks are no different than Whites. It's a skin color; doesn't make them bad people. Actually, there have been many murders and rapers that are White or Chinese. I honestly think that that is very retarded and people need to grow up.Why do the cooks at the Chinese restaurant stare at Blacks? Why so rude?
Forgive me if I sounded racist. It was not my intention to sound like that. You must understand that Blacks made up a significant portion in the crime population.



But yes, those people were very rude!!!!!!!! Racism and stereotypes are evil, no matter what.



My point is that nothing could justify those people who stared at you. However, I hope that you could understand them a bit.
Just smile at them and wave in a flirtatious way. That should turn their faces red and maybe they'll get back to cooking. It should stop after you do that.
My mexican husband gets these looks at the chinese buffet because he eats so much. I'm not kidding they are probably pissed and would like to charge him double if they could. are you eating a lot?
Stare back.
There are very rude people in this world. Look, don't worry about them. Coming from an asian myself i have seen some really rascist koreans too and some are from my family. I had this issue when i had a gf who was white and my dad flipped over it. We eventually couldn't date and i asked him why and he said americans are so disrespectful....TALK ABOUT HYPOCRITES! I guess i can understand why they think that and it's because the way they were born and taught when they were young. Koreans for example are very uptight in living...basically as a child, you go to school, come back at night, study, sleep, no hanging out with friends, etc. and when they see an american having fun at a young age, i think it bugs them. Don't worry though, i hate it when people do that to other people. There are some nice people in this world who don't think like that of others and i am thankful i don't. Next time you encounter something like that just ignore them because causing a scene will make it worse. Good Luck.
I lived in China for over 6 years and I know for a fact that STARING isn't considered rude at all. Everywhere I went I had thousands of eyes on me. Not only do they stare, they'd touch my skin and hair, as well as talk about me in Chinese to each other as if I could not understand.. and even after knowing I can speak Chinese fluently, they'lll still say whatever they want right in front of me.



Such as, "wow, Americans are so fat." "How much do you weigh?" Wow, her feet are so big!!" (I wear size 8)



Anyways, hope that helps. Sure, they should adapt to our customs but know that most of the people working in Chinese restaurants over here are pretty much indentured servants that work for a person or organization for like 10 years in exchange for passage and visa to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment