Thursday, February 23, 2012

Why do the cooks at the Chinese restaurant stare at Blacks? Why so rude?

I go to the Chinese restaurants every so often. I love Chinese food. When I walk in the cooks start staring at me as soon as I walk up to the counter. What the hell is their problem? Are they afraid that I am going to steal or something? It gets annoying. So just because I don't wear business attire, I get the "we are watching you look". Also, one time I ordered delivery and the driver wouldn't even come to the door. I met him in the parking lot, he barely looked at me. I counted the money in front of him, then he recounted it? Then left, not even a thank you. I spend a lot of money in that place and they could at least show some respect. This is not the only chinese restaurant that does this. I will be taking my business elsewhere and I can do without the attitude.Why do the cooks at the Chinese restaurant stare at Blacks? Why so rude?
i don;t really know how to answer this one without possibly raising your ire, which is not my intent. more than likely, the persons from the chinese restaurant are from china. you would possibly and probably get this same look were you to visit japan, korea or china. the only real interaction that asians (in asia) have with blacks is in the larger metropolitan areas. asians in general can also be timid and shy. i personally don't think they have any malicious intent but sometimes asians are not the most polite people either. keep in mind that this happens with other ethnic groups as well. when i visited germany and italy, people looked at me like i had a horn growing from my head. i didn't take it personally. i was just an asian hanging out in their country and i know they weren't accustomed to seeing it a lot. i don't think they had an attitude. i bet if you observed you would have noticed that the whites and even other asians got the same treatment.
Maybe in Asian countries blacks are feared? Just guessing. But I think it's pathetic how people treat everyone differently based off race. It sickens me.Why do the cooks at the Chinese restaurant stare at Blacks? Why so rude?
It's probably nothing about just you maybe they don't see many black people in Asia. They stare at my family too and were black but its most likely because my mom steals almond cookies. LOL but yeah sometimes you just have to deal with it unless they say something to you then its time for a NM you know what it means.
Stare back.Why do the cooks at the Chinese restaurant stare at Blacks? Why so rude?
I know it sucks, but sometimes Asians from Asia are intimidated by us. Don't take it personally. My man and I love Chinese food and we usually get the look our first time at a new restaurant, but once we return a couple of times, they seem to love us. We are regulars at this one Chinese restaurant and they know us so well that they remember just how we like things and even know our favorite items to order. I know we shouldn't have to earn respect at a restaurant but we deal with this even at some of the more up-scale American restaurants from white people. It's just part of being black I guess.
Because they are jealous %26amp; Scared of you. I have also noticed that some chinese are very raciest They maybe profiling you I would just try to ignore them.
if you are as beautiful as your avatar I'd be staring myself

No comments:

Post a Comment