Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do you report a GPS error?

I don't want to reveal my actual address, so I'm going to use a made-up street name. Let's say the street I live on is "Mistake Drive". Every GPS system I've tried cannot find the street unless you type it in as "Mstake Drive". Yahoo Maps will only find it if you type it in this way also. Google maps cannot find it either way. Mapquest is the only service I've found thus far that recognizes it the right way as "Mistake Drive". This is a huge inconvience b/c any delivery service that uses GPS cannot find my new home. For example Stanley Steemer, Directv, Kittle's Furniture, and a local chinese delivery all got lost b/c they couldn't find my house.



Does anyone know of any way to report this error?How do you report a GPS error?
Not that I know of but even if you could, it would take years to resolve properly. The gps units use maps which are either downloaded or factory installed so the update wouldn't work until most people either updated their systems or bought new units.



You might want to contact Garmin (or another large GPS co.) and ask them if they all use the same map source.

No comments:

Post a Comment