Thursday, February 23, 2012

Food delivery in my area is limited, Why?

I live in South Gate, California, 90280.



After coming home after a hard (and possibly late) days work, sometimes, I just don't want to cook. The problem lies with the delivery options that are available to me. Yes there is pizza, but sometimes you just don't fancy italian. I like indian (good luck finding a resturant, yet alone one that delivers) and I like chinese but on one occasion we ordered chinese, the food was below par and bland.



I like most food types and in many styles, but there just seems to be a serious lack of delivery options available to me. I currently do not drive and am relying on public transport so it's not like I can hit the drive-thru on the way home.



Are there any good websites or businesses that came help me find what I am looking for?



Who knows! maybe a resturantuer will see this and start to offer deliveries!



Thanks in advance.Food delivery in my area is limited, Why?
Have you ever tried foodler.com? It's huge in Boston where I'm from and I'm pretty sure its available to people in California. You can view a list of takeout and delivery restaurants in your area and order right online, view the status of your order, etc. Some restaurants that don't offer delivery themselves have delivery companies that do that for them and they are listed on the site as well. If foodler does not offer anything in your area try searching for other sites like it, there are more out there.
First off, there's not many restaurants in South Gate to begin with and almost everything is fast food. In addition, it's on the verge of being the hood, so people aren't going to want to deliver there.

Drive through Downey and pick something up on the way home.Food delivery in my area is limited, Why?
I don't know. I do know that when we were you Los Angelos we had a lot better choice than the options we have here in Queensland Australia.



I want real and wholesome food available to be delivered for a change!! (or even pick-up if necessary! )
You live in a dicey area, the insurance is too high for them to deliver there.Food delivery in my area is limited, Why?
I've got two ideas and I am not sure which one, if either would be good for you. Many areas have a company that will take your food order, place the order with an area restaurant, pick it up and deliver it to you. Your yellow pages or internet search may get you a name or two. The one that comes to mind is LA Bite but I question if they cover your area.

The other is that I presume you have a bus pass. You could stop and get off at some location, like some shopping mall or area, either eat there or order to go and then catch the next bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment